Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First Entry (Ashlee)

Hello :)
This is Ashlee, the other half of the sojourning couple. While Scott has done a terrific job keeping you all up to date about what is happening in the not-to-distant-but-still-not-too-soon future, he asked me to post about the more imminent-and-planned future for your beloved sojourners.

To be quite brief, I am now working back at the doctor's and I'm all the better for it. During my free time, I am reading: Let's Go: San Francisco and Let's Go: California (travel books, which I bought because I like the maps and writing style a little better than Lonely Planet, but I have a feeling we will be becoming Lonely Planet people since Scott bought the biography of the Lonely Planet guy, but I digress...). Suffice it to say, we are throwing caution (and a small chunk of money, like the size of a rather large chocolate chunk) to the proverbial wind and taking a road trip through California in April (as such, we will also be disregarding any traditions on Easter this year...). On the itinerary: Davis (to visit our friend Garrett), Glen Ellen (in Sonoma), San Francisco, Big Basin Redwood State Park (no camping for us yet, though), Santa Cruz, Monterey, Big Sur, Hearst Castle/San Simeon, Cambria, Solvang, and Santa Barbara. By the by, please let me know if you have any suggestions - planning trips is one of my absolute top favorite things to do and any input is really appreciated!