Disclaimer
*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Blarg! (Scott)
The other day I went to check the mail, a seemingly inncouous activity, when I saw something that caused my heart to leap into my throat. Stuffed into our little 4"x6" mail slot was a package wrapped in white paper. I thought, this is it! All the events of the past year and half, all the applications, all the questions, all the essays, all the worrying, everything has led to this moment. With nervous hands I reached for the package, brushing aside the bits of junk mail we get on a regular basis. With the package in my now trembling hands, I flipped it over to read the sender's address and -- drum roll -- let out a groan when I saw it was a stupid mailing from the travel agency we used for our honeymoon. They were sending us an "exclusive" book detailing the 600+ hotels they contract with all over the world. I looked at the first entry, which was the Ritz in NYC, and thought "Yeah, right, like we can afford that!" I tossed the book in the trash and walked away, saving my angst for another day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you had me sweating... you should write books!
Post a Comment