Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Phew! (Scott)

We made it! The move out of our apartment this past weekend went as smoothly as it possibly could have. We couldn't have done it without our indefatigable moving help! Thanks all!

Now Ashlee and I have pretty much taken over half my parents' house. My poor Dad -- he's finally managed to get the house "de-cluttered" and here we are moving in and putting our crap all over the place. I guess we'll be out of his hair soon.

As for our plans this week, we don't really have much going on. We took Hamish the good ol' Hyundai to the car shop yesterday to get a physical before leaving on our roadtrip this weekend. I felt a little guilty telling our mechanic that my airbag light has been on for a little over a year. It's never too late, I suppose...

We also had to update our resumes and send an "aspiration statement" to our future Mongolian employers. I hope they like us.

Other than that, we're headed out in a bit to meet Dad Pool for lunch and then my parents are taking us out for Mongolian BBQ tonight. It doesn't get more authentic than "Emperor's Mongolian BBQ." I'm sure Chingis Khan would approve.

P.S. - My dad read my previous post about 8 out of 10 people thinking that Ashlee and I are nuts. He wants to know who the two people are who think we're sane.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Scottie, I still love you guys and I dont really want you out of my hair, those were your words and not mine---just wanted to make sure that whoever reads the blog gets the whole truth and nothing but the truth--ha--