Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Laguna Hills (CA)

Ah, we've moved into our third summer home: Casa de Pool with Dad & Edie here in Laguna Hills. Today was just another Monday. We dragged ourselves out of bed at 8am, spent 2 hours catching up on the latest episodes of The Office, and then met Dad Pool for lunch at Ruby's Diner at the Spectrum. Afterwards we watched the new Wolverine movie (X-Men: Origins?). I know, I know -- doesn't everyone hate Mondays?

This past weekend was a blast. Saturday was Shawn and Kay's wedding. Ashlee and I were both in the bridal party -- it was a lot of fun and I'm sure that everyone had a really great time. I'm also very thankful that the rain stayed away.


Yesterday we went to a Bon Voyage dinner hosted by the L.A. Peace Corps office. It was at a Cambodian restaurant in Long Beach (I think finding the place was the first test for us as invitees) and there was quite a turnout. It was very refreshing for Ashlee and I to be in like-minded company. These days we spend so much time just explaining what the Peace Corps is that it was nice to be around people who already know what's up.

As for the rest of the week, we don't have much planned. I do know that Dad Pool is taking us out to the Improv theater at the Spectrum for a comedy show on Wednesday and this Saturday we are taking my mom out for tea for Mother's Day.

We'll be leaving a week from today on our next roadtrip: the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park in Utah, and Vegas. Woot woot!

No comments: