Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

2 Days!

Ah, packing -- we both started out so organized. Ashlee, the pro packer, seemed to zip right through, and before I knew it, she was sitting on the couch watching Oprah with a cup of tea while I was just taking the above picture. Obviously, I'm having a bit tougher of a time. To be honest though, my clothes are twice the size of Ashlee's so it's really no wonder why I've run out of room. Well, that and I seem to be packing everything but the kitchen sink...

So I guess this is the part of our blog where we should be recording these profound thoughts -- you know, our hopes for the future and that sort of thing. To be honest, however, it still doesn't feel real. I think part of it is because the application process has been so long and fraught with snags -- and we have been told repeatedly to not get our hopes up -- that it probably won't feel real until we hit the ground in Ulaanbaatar this Saturday. Even then, though, it is still 10 weeks of training before we are officially sworn in as Peace Corps Volunteers.

We are definitely ready. We did hit a little snag this morning, though. We both tried on our work pants and found them to be a bit snug -- I guess these past few months of eating and lounging around have taken their toll... No worries, however -- my mom said she'd take us over to Kohl's tonight.

Back to packing...

No comments: