Here’s the four of us Olgii PCVs. I was a mummy, Ashlee was Pippi Longstocking, Laura a sheep, and Matt a “spoiled” Mongolian basketball star.
So yeah, I used locally purchased materials – and some ingenuity – to transform myself into a mummy. Basically I wrapped myself in toilet paper and packaging tape. As Ashlee put it, and I think she was being a little too kind, my costume started off at 10, but by the end of the night it was a zero. This is because throughout the night I slowly unraveled. Parts of my costume did come in handy though -- there were a couple of spills when my wrappings were the only napkin in sight. Also, on one trip to the outhouse part of my leg wrapping fell into the toilet hole – I was obliged to leave it behind.
The night was a really good time. After a spaghetti dinner we played a game where we strung up apples from the ceiling and we competed to see who could eat their apple the fastest. It was actually a bit of a disaster – or as Laura would call it, a “shit show” – and really the only result was quite a few laughs, some ridiculous photos, and a nice little video that I’ll post below. Laura originally meant for us to bob for apples, but we didn’t have enough purified water to fill the bucket and weren’t interested in contracting giardia.
We finished the night off with a few rounds of “flip cup.” Now I haven’t really played any beer-drinking games since college, but I’m happy to report that my team won all three rounds. Mom and Dad, aren’t you proud?
Anyways, like I said it was a great night and it made being away from home during a holiday a bit easier. Here’s that video I promised. Enjoy!
3 comments:
Loved the video! Got a big laugh out of Ashlee and the girls. You should post it on U-tube. We didn't even remember it was Halloween here...no kids around on the island. Love GMA
I didn't know how much fun you could have with a stick, an apple and a string (and some beer).
Happy Halloween!
Love, Aunt Joanie
aaaaaaaahahahaaaa...mad skills!
Post a Comment