Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like... (Ashlee)

Christmas? Well, kinda. The snow is gone (I don't know what happened to it, its just disappearing! Maybe Jon can explain it to me one day - its definitely not warm enough to melt!), but thanks to some awesome decorations sent by my dad and Edie and a generous donation from the Laura-n fund, we have some goi Christmas cheer going up around the house (goi - pronounced "goyee" - is Mongolian for cool/pretty/neat). We also have a growing stack of boxes going up along the South side of the house (a couple from my dad, some goodies from Lauren's parents, and puffy envelopes from Scott's pen-pal school in New Mexico - hello kids and Mrs. Dressler! Your writing is impeccable, by the way, Margie, just like I remember my grade school teachers'!). Another plane made it to Olgii today and brought with it 7 MORE PACKAGES for us! We are so incredibly blessed and grateful this holiday :) And while I have to open the packages for customs here before I can take them home, I have been promptly repackaging and forgeting all contents so that Scott and I can "open" some boxes on Christmas morning.

In other news, the weather has taken another dip and our daily high is about 15F and low at about 5F and apparently it can still get MUCH colder. Yanna (Mongolian for Oh my!). You can follow the weather here: Weather Underground (Olgii is spelled Ulgii sometimes).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three possible explanations for the disappearing snow
1) sublimation - the humidity is so low it just goes away
2) the ground is not totally frozen, so it just absorbs the snow melt
3) Your area of Mongolia might be infested with snow thieves.
Grammers votes for number three