Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It was a very merry Christmas, indeed.  Although we are way out here in the far west of Mongolia, I don’t think we have ever felt more blessed.  It was a wonderful day.  Ashlee and I were back together, our house was warm, and we had no less than 13 wonderful care packages to open!  All of our friends and family did such an amazing job of making us feel loved and included on this special holiday.  From the hand-decorated placemats sent by the first-graders of Thoreau Elementary school in New Mexico, to the hand-knitted socks and facemasks sent by family friend Diana Hilton, to the “man snacks” sent by Grandma Donna, to the three packs of Oreos sent by the McGoughs of Oklahoma, to everything else we were just incredibly touched and appreciative.  I’m getting all emotional just thinking out it, so instead of blubbering on, I’ll post some pictures and let them and our expressions speak for themselves.  Take care and merry Christmas!







 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Diana said...

I am so glad Scott made it back to Ashlee for Christmas. It looks like you had a nice one. I know it is not quite the same as being with all the family, but it looks like you made it work.

I'm so glad the socks fit and loved the comment about when Ashlee opened the box and saw the big socks. I hope they will be warm enough for the cold weather.
Take care and stay warm.

Dad Burt said...

Scottie and Ashlee, so very happy you guys had a nice Christmas and so great to talk with you guys for an hour on skype. Your mom is sending off 2 more packages this week, so you should get them by your birthday, take care and stay warm, love you both tons--Dad

Jo said...

Glad you two had a great Christmas! Man, it's a bummer my package never got to you guys!