Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Seoul, But No Sleep

We made it to Seoul! We are currently sitting in the VIP Hub Lounge at the Incheon Airport in Seoul, South Korea. We definitely feel about a million miles from Olgii, which at this point is a good thing because we needed a break.

Although we haven't slept in 24 hours, we techinically started the morning of the 8th with a Starbucks fix (Ashlee's first chai latte in over a year) and -- though we might not admit it later -- a McDonald's sausage McMuffin. After walking all over the airport, we still found ourselves with over 8 hours to kill so we pulled out the trusty Visa, which is a bit rusty, and sprang for access to this VIP lounge that sports a modest buffet, a cooler full of drinks, an espresso machine, and a few bottles of spirits. It's ok to have an 8am cocktail when you technically never went to sleep, right?

Anyways, our last days in UB went well. A few of the highlights were catching a surprisingly random live concert performed by LA band Ozomatli right in downtown UB and welcoming the latest batch of Mongolia PCVs who arrived in-country looking nice and clean, albeit a bit bleary-eyed from the 30+ hours of travel from San Francisco. Just last night (was it only last night??) Ashlee and I had dinner with the four new married couples. I must say, I love not being the FNG anymore. They all seemed really nice and we are glad to have some new blood in the program.

At the moment, however, I think I may go for another cocktail and then a hot shower. It's crazy to think that we will be back in Walnut, my hometown, in less than 20 hours!

No comments: