Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Map Update

by Scott

We have been making steady progress on our map over the past few days. In fact, I would say that we are two-thirds of the way done. We finished tracing the countries, we outlined everything in marker, and then just this afternoon we framed the map with a black border. Now we just need to paint the countries...



Apparently while Justin was working on the map a history teacher walked up and told him that I drew Mongolia wrong. She then showed Justin a map in which the hump shapes on the northern border are featured much more prominently. She was happy when Justin thickened the lines.

From these pictures it must seem like I just sit back and watch Justin work all day. I swear I'm doing work, too.

The students at my school can be crazy. They constantly roam the halls in small mobs laughing, yelling, punching, and screaming at the top of their lungs. Today Justin asked me if, after working around these kids, I still want children of my own some day...

This little girl redeemed our faith in children though. She quietly shadowed us all afternoon politely asking us questions in Mongolian, Kazakh, and (I think) Russian.

Not too shabby, eh?

3 comments:

Deirdre said...

This is so cool. You folks are doing such a good job. Next week...COLOR!!!

Ashlee said...

so glad that you keep making progress - such a cool project love :)

Dad said...

Amazing, it like looking at amazing race on paper with all the countries, looks great--job well done--Dad