Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Monday, March 23, 2009

It IS a Small World (Scott)

Word has spread around my firm that Ashlee and I will be leaving for Mongolia. I have gotten many congratulatory emails and a few that were more personal. One San Francisco attorney told me that his son is currently a PCV (Peace Corps Volunteer) in Peru and that he'd like to talk to me about it.

Another of our San Francisco attorneys told me that he himself was a volunteer in Belize in 1990. His wife was also a volunteer in Thailand in 1988. Furthermore, in the 1990s his wife headed up the Mongolia/China Peace Corps desk at national headquarters in D.C. He also said he'd love to chat.

It just so happens that Ashlee and I will be in San Francisco in a couple of weeks. We are planning to meet with this attorney and his wife for a bite to eat. Isn't the world a small place?

No comments: