Disclaimer

*THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

On Sunday, September 27th, Ashlee and I celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary. Ahh, just think: one year ago today we were just flitting about the wonderful canals of Venice and now, here we are, burning coal and trying to stay warm in Mongolia.

We celebrated our special day with a little happy hour at our house (complete with bread, cheese, and real French wine!) and dinner at our favorite (read: only) restaurant in town: Pamukkale. We got our usual -- grilled chicken with french fries, white rice, cole slaw, and a carrot salad. While it's a far-cry from Maggiano's, it was still delicious.


In other news, my work is still up-and-down as always. There are some days when everything just clicks -- like yesterday I had the absolute greatest time with a class full of 35 11-year-olds. I taught them a couple tongue twisters, we played "Teacher Says," and we sang some songs. When the bell rang some of them groaned that class was over and they ran up to me to ask when I will teach them again. On the other hand, however, I had a class today of 17-year-olds in which a group of 5 or so surly boys in the back really got on my nerves. The good news is that the "good days" are what makes this whole experience worthwhile.

No comments: